Monday, May 4, 2015

Review: Insanity by Susan Vaught


17978095Title: Insanity
Author: Susan Vaught
Publisher:  Bloomsbury USA Children
Publishing Date: February 18th 2014
Pages: 384 
Genre: YA Horror
Series: Stand alone
Source: ARC


  



Never, Kentucky is not your average scenic small town. It is a crossways, a place where the dead and the living can find no peace. Not that Forest, an 18-year-old foster kid who works the graveyard shift at Lincoln Hospital, knew this when she applied for the job. Lincoln is a huge state mental institution, a good place for Forest to make some money to pay for college. But along with hundreds of very unstable patients, it also has underground tunnels, bell towers that ring unexpectedly, and a closet that holds more than just donated clothing....When the dead husband of one of Forest's patients makes an appearance late one night, seemingly accompanied by an agent of the Devil, Forest loses all sense of reality and all sense of time. Terrified, she knows she has a part to play, and when she does so, she finds a heritage that she never expected.
With her deep knowledge of mental illness and mental institutions, Susan Vaught brings readers a fascinating and completely creepy new book intertwining the stories of three young people who find themselves haunted beyond imagining in the depths of Lincoln Hospital.
This is a book about ghosts, haunts, shades, and many other spirit types. It is told in several different point of views.

What made me pick this book up?
The cover really, I love spooky/scary books, and they aren't always easy to find in YA. So I thought this was going to be a great one to read. 

What do I like about the cover?

The spookiness. It almost gives me shivers to look at, I love the editing of it and the fact it actually looks like she's a ghost.

What made me read it?

Ghosts. Like I said, I love scary books. And this one really looked like it was going to be a really scary one. 

What did I like the most?

The cover. That's about it, honestly. 

The least?

It was incredibly hard to follow. It was confusing and quite boring in places, and it jumped around way too much. I think it could have been great, definitely has lots of potential, but it just wasn't what I was hoping it would be. 


Would you read the rest of the series/Other books by this author?
Based off of this book, no. But I have been looking at some reviews on other books, some of them have great reviews. So maybe I would. 

I honestly really did not like this book. I only finished it because I wanted to know how it ended. I wish I hadn't. 






Susan Vaught
Website: http://susanvaught.com

astrology sign: Libra
favorite book: Harry Potter (all of them) and His Dark Materials
(all of those, too)
favorite song:I Will Follow You Into The Dark by Death Cab for Cutie

current pet total:12 if you don't count the chickens, peafowl,
turkeys, ducks, geese, pigeons, or guineas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs